Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Why 2BNormal?

I have enjoyed reading Watchman Nee's books over the years and his book 'The Normal Christian Life' was instrumental in providing me an 'epiphany' in my Christian growth (story for a later post). In the first sentence of this book he asks, "What is the normal Christian life?" His answer is developed over the rest of the book, but the verse at the heading of this blog provides the short answer.
Nee writes, "The apostle Paul gives us his own definition of the Christian life in Galations 2:20. It is 'no longer I, but Christ'. Here he is not starting something special or peculiar - a high level of Christianity. He is, we believe, presenting God's normal for a Christian, which can be summarized in the words: I live no longer, but Christ lives His life in me."

My prayer for myself and others is for us '2BNormal' by God's definition of what a Christian is!!

No comments: