Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Time In History

I have the wonderful privilege of meeting with a group of men (Men of Risk) every Tuesday morning for coffee, breakfast (sometimes), prayer, fellowship, and Bible study. This morning I was sharing how in the last week or so it seemed the Lord was orchestrating some things in my life. When I got to work later, I looked up and read this little note a friend of mine gave me. He had found it on a box of cards he had bought the night before. It touched me when he first gave it to me and deeply touched me this morning.
"God goes before you today and His presence is with you. He has a lifefor you to live, a plan for you to follow, and a purpose for you tofulfill. He has allowed you to be here, at this time in history, to beHis watchman to this generation."
Roy Lessin, Co-founder Dayspring Cards

It also became very real to me about not only is He going before us and His presence is with us - He is in us. He has given us His life and from this He is orchestrating our lives for His glory. A new prayer I have been praying: Thank you, Lord, for infusing my obedience with your glory. As I respond to His life in me, His glory is fulfilled in my life. Amen.

Gal. 2:20. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (NIV)

What a wonderful paradox. I am dead, but yet I live.

1 comment:

Sharon, Michael, Aharon said...

Mike, you mentioned the paradox of being dead, yet Alive. Remember that song we sang years ago,"because He lives, I can face tomorrow." It has taken too many years for the line of that song to finally be real to me.