Monday, March 21, 2016

Step to Yes - Brother Andrew

Reading a book I have seen for years as a bookaholic, but never picked up to read. It has captured me and has provided me some thoughts and quotes.

God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew w/John & Elizabeth Sherrill
Quote from Brother Andrew as he was “praying through” to find the answer if he was to serve his Lord by becoming a missionary.
He wrote, “What is it, Lord?” What am I holding back? What am I using as an excuse for not serving You in whatever You want me to do?”
     And then, there by the canal, I finally had my answer. My “yes” to God had always been a “yes, but,” Yes, but I'm not educated. Yes, but I'm lame.
     With the next breath, I did say “Yes.” I said it in a brand-new way, without qualification. “I'll go, Lord,” I said, “no matter whether it's through the route of ordination, or through the WEC program, or through working on at Ringers'. Whenever, wherever, however You want me, I'll go. And I'll begin this very minute. Lord, as I stand up from this place, and as I take my first step forward, will You consider that this is a step toward complete obedience to You? I'll call it the Step of Yes.” Page 57

I have not finished the book so I do not know yet if this was a one time happening for Brother Andrew, but the idea of Step to Yes, I believe, is in line with the phrase I shared at the end of the last post. LET HIM PERMEATE YOUR NOW. I believe as we let Him permeate our now, we will move into a Step of Yes and will be obedient to His leading. 

My prayer is that we may live this moment by moment in our lives.
Grace and Peace

No comments: